Exodus Overseer's Guide

Moderator: Grouch

Exodus Overseer's Guide

Postby Grouch » Wed Jul 08, 2015 4:19 pm

Starting this thread for information pertaining to the Exodus Overseer's Guidebook.

My goal is to have the Editing and Print Layout done by the end of July and finish with this product. With a few exceptions, I will need to write in a few sections and correct NPC stat blocks. All in all I should be able to tackle this over the next 3 weeks or so, pending no nuclear disasters.

My current process is at the 40 page mark out of roughly 150 pages (which is Chapter 1 and part of Chapter 2).
Grouch
Overseer

Re: Exodus Overseer's Guide

Postby Grouch » Sun Jul 12, 2015 5:10 pm

The Front Cover of the Overseer's Guide is completed.

Also will be releasing an Early Access to the Overseer's Guide for interested buyers. This will only be available through this site. RPGNow will host the finished product when it is ready for Print on Demand. Within the next week, I should have the first 40 pages or so (Intro and Chapter 1) ready for Early Access. Need to finish the Intro, place art, and do a final formatting of Chapter 1.

Found some Exodus Timmy images never used, made for the Overseer Guide back in 2010 in a folder in GCG's backups drives as well as Fallout Vaultboy images from 2007 for the defunct PnP game that was canceled. I wonder what other treasures are buried in these backup drives. :mrgreen:
Grouch
Overseer

Postby Grouch » Wed Jul 15, 2015 6:35 pm

The Intro and Chapter 1 is completed and ready for Early Access. - Just need to get the website fixed to process paid orders correctly and then I will post it for sale. :evil:
Grouch
Overseer

Postby Grouch » Thu Jul 16, 2015 4:27 pm

The site eCommerce is working properly now. The early access of the Overseer's Guide is now available for sale.
Granted that this is a "Work in Progress" and select portions of the book will be released as completed.

This version of the Early Access includes:
The first 25 pages which includes the "Intro and Chapter 1"

Chapter 2 will follow soon!
Grouch
Overseer

Postby Grouch » Sun Jul 19, 2015 6:41 pm

Working on Chapter 2 this week. Half of the chapter is completed up to page 42 (environmental hazards), the other half which is another 40 pages contains (Terrain type and others such things), should be available by the end of the week. Lots of errors to correct in the proofing so far. Proof, format, rinse, repeat... :x but will get through it and get Chapter 2 posted for the early access soon.
Grouch
Overseer

Postby Grouch » Fri Jul 24, 2015 8:02 pm

Just a update...

Chapter 2 is formatted, just need to do a final proof and add artwork to fill the empty spaces.

Should be available for early access sometime on Sunday. :o
Grouch
Overseer

Postby Grouch » Wed Jul 29, 2015 2:05 pm

Slightly behind schedule on the final proof of section 2 of Chapter 2. Editing is taking longer than expected, as I am having to re-write some of the material that was altered from the OGL Modern terrain doc to fit into an Apocalyptic setting and cross-reference with environmental hazards. The two sections were wrote by two different writers and conflict on some common topics. Have to bring in line with each other.

While there are Dwarfs in Exodus, they're not a D&D/Modern dwarf. Stuff like this got left in by the writer by accident. It is funny, like the 1.0 version of the Survivor's Guide (Nuka-Cola/ ToxiCola, same thing right? Just bring me a Cokaine Cola). Time consuming, but hoping to get through it soon.

Next update will detail Terrain and Terrain Hazards, bringing the page count up to 80 (edit, really 70).
Wasteland Civilizations will follow when this is done for the final update to Chapter 2.

Grouch
Grouch
Overseer

Postby Grouch » Thu Aug 06, 2015 3:52 pm

Just released the next update to the Overseer's Guide. One last small section on Chapter 2 to complete (weather hazards) and then onto NPCs. Not a fan of d20 stat blocks, but will get it done ASAP. Some of these stats date back to 2006 when Exodus was something else and then contributions up to 2010. What a collection, plus the new stuff commissioned out this year. Hopefully it will go smoother then the massive editing fixes on Chapter 2. :evil:
Grouch
Overseer

Postby Grouch » Sat Aug 22, 2015 4:17 am

Just an update. I have decided to expand the creation rules for NPC chapter as I was fixing errors and formatting. By adding this section, I have held off on posting the NPC chapter to the Overseer's Guide. I plan on being done with this chapter sometime in the next week. Have a few pages left to proof and format and then will have to double check the example NPC stat blocks for errors. Errors in stat blocks are common and there are many example NPCs filling 8 -10 pages. This chapter will add roughly about 30 pages to the book, when released. As for the following chapters, Character Rewards and Weapons of Mass Destruction, I will need to write these, but these are small compared to NPCs and should not take very long.

Grouch
Grouch
Overseer

Postby Grouch » Sat Sep 05, 2015 1:02 am

Just posted a new version of the Overseer's Guide (up to page 90). Still working through NPC stat blocks. Taking longer than expected, but down to only 31 pages of stat blocks left to go through. The original defunct Fallout d20 stat blocks from 2006-7 was the first batch updated and placed in the book. The next batch is compiled from 2008-2011 and should be quicker to check, since the system was updated to Exodus d20 in 2008 per legal issues with Interplay/GCG/Bethesda.
Grouch
Overseer

Postby Grouch » Thu Sep 17, 2015 6:13 am

Will be posting a update this weekend sometime.
Plans are to finish up the NPC chapter and place the correct Weather Terrain portion in the book.
If time permits, will add additional content in the Overseers Chapter detailing equipment, money, and XP awards.
Then on the the next chapter: WMD
Grouch
Overseer

Postby Grouch » Wed Oct 07, 2015 12:38 am

Been out the last few weeks dealing with another job, but just posted a small update to the Overseer's Guide at RPGNow. This fixes the NPC order by title, changes some artwork, and adds a few pages of Ch 4 (which I am writing). Plan to complete Ch 4 sometime by the end of the week and get on to Ch 5 (which I am also writing most of it). Chapter 6 is done, but needs formatting. With a little luck and some more free time, this product will be finished soon, and then I will work on the POD version.

Grouch
Grouch
Overseer

Postby Grouch » Sun Nov 01, 2015 8:43 am

Posted a large update to the Overseer's Guide. Have just a few more things to add in the next few weeks and then will be done. Am looking to finish before Fallout 4 releases next week, for those of you looking for a comparable tabletop game.
Grouch
Overseer

Postby Grouch » Mon Nov 09, 2015 5:12 pm

The final version of the Overseer's Guide is now available.
Grouch
Overseer

Return to EXODUS POST APOCALYPTIC ROLEPLAYING